Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

THB #23 Morning Glory Breakfast Cake

This cake didn't excite me I almost skipped on this one
But my curiosity won and here it is...
Chosen by Lena from Frozen Wings





This was not bad at all, I must say, especially knowing the goodness in every bite
No butter, no oil - great, isn't it? Dense, moist, flavourful, and pretty tasty
It's not something that I would make again, to be honest, but I had no regret in baking this cake :)

I planned to make only 1/3 recipe, I saw Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids did the same, hence I followed her recipe - thank you Zoe for making my life easier - it's quite a lot of ingredients used here!

The changes I made were, I replaced dark molasses with honey, walnut with cashew, wheat bran with Weet-Bix - crushed , dried cranberries with golden raisins
I used muffin pan and I got 6 standard size muffins, baked 180degC for 20 minutes


 
This post is for The Home Bakers hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours where we bake  from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas

3 comments:

  1. U r so right Alice.... The morning glory bakes always entice me but when I look at the ingredients, it just stops me... To that end, can I have yours instead? Heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    A healthy, high fibre, great for breakfast, but it is not for me either! Haha!
    But am glad to have given it at try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just on time to post! LOL! yes, not really that bad..and very moist cake! not my favourite too...thx for baking this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...