Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

AFF Taiwan - Taiwanese Chicken Rice

I saw this at Violet's Kitchen and I know this dish will be loved by my family
Never had this before, so I gave this a try and I am glad I did, it's yummy!
Such a simple meal can be so satisfying :)




I decided to use the recipe from An Acquired Taste
It said that the original recipe uses turkey meat, and it's called Turkey Rice (火雞肉飯 huo ji rou fan) but chicken breast is the alternative when turkey is not available

What you need:

2 chicken breasts, blanch in boiling water for 3 mins and drain
1 tbsp oil
3 shallots, slice thinly
2 spring onions, cut 3 inch pieces
6 slices of ginger
2 star anise (I skipped)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp light soya sauce
3 cups chicken broth
cooked white rice
pickled daikon and cilantro for garnish

Method:
  1. Heat oil in a heavy based pot, and sautee shallots til golden brown. Add in spring onion and ginger, fry for 1min
  2. Add in chicken and just enough broth to cover. Add in salt and soya sauce
  3. Bring to boil and reduce to low, cover and let simmer for an hour
  4. Take out chicken breast and shred
  5. Prepare rice in a plate or bowl, arrange shredded chicken on top and pour gravy
  6. Serve with pickled daikon and cilantro (I had my blanched greens instead)

Easy to prepare and delicious! I like :)



I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest – Taiwan hosted by Alan from Travelling Foodies

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thks Yen :) actually I am not happy with the pic as its taken in the evening, lighting is really least preferred and so tough to beautify LOL but this dish is real good :)

      Delete
  2. I wonder how this taste like from our chicken rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edith, the rice is just plain rice. But after pouring with the soup, mix together, it's one tasty dish :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...